These healthy, super fudgy, tasty coconut brownies are absolutely delicious! They can be eaten (almost) without any guilt as they are refined sugar free and can be made flourless when replaced with almond flour in stead of whole wheat flour! So don't underestimate the power of clean foods my foodies, as they can provide just the perfect snack for every sweet tooth (like myself).
My favorite part of this brownie? The combination of chocolate and coconut! Oh boy do I love these two ingredients! The touch of coconut is these brownies? This will take you to heaven (if you love coconut and chocolate as much as I do!)
Ok, let's talk brownie now! I think that in general everyone loves a good brownie. Wether it is an extra fudgy chocolate brownie, a nutella brownie (my favourite!!), ferrero rocher brownie, peanut butter brownie or any other brownie, they are all delicious and we want to eat them (at least I do!!). Unfortunately those brownies are mostly loaded with refined sugars, artificial flavours, canola or palm oils and so on!
Therefore, I have created this healthy version of my beloved brownie with which variations are endless! Of course, I have to admit and especially in wintertime, when it is time for a cheat meal, I choose to go for the nutella brownie or maybe the peanut butter version? It just tastes so good and we all need to reward our healthy lifestyles with a little cheat meal every now and then don't we? 80/20 sounds good for me!
I hope you will enjoy these brownies as much as I do! I have tried these with almond flour and whole wheat flour and have to say with the whole wheat version, they are a little more fudgy. However, it's up to you! Of course, leave out the coconut if you are not a huge fan of coconut.
Ready? Set. Recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: about 12 brownies (or 9 bigger pieces)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (can be replaces by almond flour)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave or honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees (C) and grease a small baking tin (i used some coconut oil to grease)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients with a spatula until well combined. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until there is a smooth dough. After that, add in the shredded coconut.
4. Add this to the greased baking tin and bake for about 20 -25 minutes (depending how fudgy you want your brownies).
5. Let it cool down for about 30 minutes before cutting it.
6. The brownies can last up to 5 days in the fridge or package them individually and freeze them for up to 2 months.
Are you making this recipe? Let me know what you think or post a picture to instagram by tagging @healthyfoodie.food in your pictures!