This is your tupperware salad to work or school, the color bomb salad that you can make to impress your guests, just a quick meal prep to have a healthy nutrition packed lunch or dinner during the week.
I present to you the Asian Glass Noodle salad packed with raw veggies and covered with a very tasty and healthy dressing. I like to make a little more of this salad so I can have a lunch or dinner ready for those busy days during the week.
The key to this salad? The dressing, it really makes this dish. If you taste it on its own you may think that I'm exaggerating, but once massaged into those raw veggies and glass noodles it loses the strange taste and brings the whole dish together nicely.
Did I already mention how colorful and pretty it looks? I just love all the colors of the different veggies in this salad! The orange from the carrots, red from the cabbage, green and yellow from the peppers, orange from the mango for that fresh and sour taste plus loads of green, from the delicious coriander and spiralized cucumber of course!
The true tastemakers are not in the fifty shades of color in this salad, no they are invisible but oh so important think about garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lemon to name a few important ingredients. Just by writing this down, I want to eat this salad again already!
Another great thing about this salad? It is raw and raw veggies are so good for you! Why? Because when some veggies are cooked, sautéed or stir fried they lose their nutritional value. Like for example the beloved bell pepper, the vitamin C breaks down when roasted, fried, or grilled above 375 degrees. Just to name one, so whenever I get the chance to have a raw lunch or dinner, I take it! Especially when it is this tasty. Ok, did I mention the tasty-ness too many times now? I'm so sorry, I will (try to) not say that again!
Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 0 minutes, Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups of (cooked glass noodles)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup chopped white cabbage
- 1 cup carrot (julienne)
- 1/2 cucumber (spiralized)
- 1/2 onion (chopped in cubes)
- 1 red pepper (chopped in cubes)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 mango (chopped in cubes)
- 1 green pepper (chopped in cubes)
- 1 cup peanuts / cashews / almonds
- 2 limes (juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp ginger (grated)
- Boil some water. Place the glass noodles in a large bowl and add the hot water, let this rest for about 5-8
- Chopp, spiralize and grate all the veggies for the salad and dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine all the veggies plus the glass noodles and mix them.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk untill well combined.
- Pour the dressing over your salad, sprinkle the peanuts / cashews / almonds on top and you are ready to have some tasty food!
Any remarks, tips or comments on this recipe? Please comment below or send me an email!
Love, Nienke (Healthyfoodiefood)