This super easy healthy basic banana bread is your perfect snack, breakfast or lunch for when you're on the go. It provides you with the right nutrients and is so tasty!
I was searching for such an easy and tasty banana bread recipe for a long time now. But I have to say, I have found the perfect combination of ingredients now and it is tasty as hell! Make this bread on a Saturday or Sunday and you will have your breakfast or snack ready in no-time during your busy working week.
When having this tasty bananana bread for breakfast, simply add a little bit of almond butter or chia jam and you are ready to start the day! It is refined sugar free and gluten free. Which makes this also a perfect snack for your kids to take to school as it will provide them with the right energy to get through their school day.
Banana bread is one of those classic recipes that everyone loves from kids to adults everyone loves a piece of tasty banana bread! This recipe has all the characteristics of classic banana bread—it’s fluffy, moist, infused with sweet banana flavor, and beloved by kids and adults alike.
Unlike traditional banana bread recipes that are loaded with refined flour and lots of processed sugar, this one is made with 100 percent (gluten free) oat flour, so it’ll stick with you. It’s naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup, which offer some trace nutrients that white sugar does not.
As you can see, my homemade banana bread has plenty of qualities, the best one being that it won’t send your blood sugar levels for a spin. You can keep them all to yourself, though. No one will be able to tell that this is healthy banana bread! Did I mention that you can whip this up with just one bowl, a few measuring cups and some basic ingredients? Yes, really.
In order to add a little variation to this tasty banana bread, you can add some ingredients to give it a different taste:
- Add 1 cup of blueberries for a berry good fruity flavor.
- Or 1 cup of strawberries
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (80% cacao) for those chocolate lovers out there
- Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter and swirl it through the dough for a very creamy peanut taste!
- Add the toppings you want, 1/3 cup of chopped nuts, 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless!
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes, Total time: 55 minutes
Serves: for 1 cake
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf pan/baking tin with some coconut oil
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add 2 eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Add in the greek yoghurt, honey and vanilla. Whisk again until combined.
4. Add the baking soda and oat flour to the mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Add the mixture into the greased loaf pan / baking tin and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Let it cool down in the baking tin and it's ready to serve!
Enjoy this recipe foodies! If you have any recommendations suggestions please comment below or send me a message!
Love, Nienke (Healthyfoodiefood)