When I see this salad, I think about spring and summer! It is so colorful and happy! I like to make a big batch of this salad and have it on the days that I don't have too much time to cook, add a grilled chicken or some grilled salmon and your meal is ready. Of course, you can also add some nuts and you have a ready to eat salad as well (for all the vegetarians and vegans).
A little while ago, I made this salad for a dinner party with friends and family and I have to say, it was a big hit! Now when we are hosting other dinner parties, the people keep on talking about this delicious salad or asking if I can please make this dish again when they come and eat. So looking for something easy, healthy and tasty for your dinner party? Look no further! This rainbow salad will do the trick for sure!
It contains loads of crispy raw veggies, nuts and some tasty mango to sweeten things up a little! I added rice noodles to this dish as it gives a little extra bite for me. However, you can leave them out if you want and just spiralize your carrots or cucumber to have a noodle effect! Who said Asian food could only be comfort food was wrong!
The Asian cuisine is absolutely one of my favorite cuisines! Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, I love it all and could eat those foods every day! I have to say besides a good coconut curry, this is one of my favorite Asian dishes! The best thing is that you can have this dish ready in less than 20 minutes. The salad dressing is very mild, meaning that is also suitable for your kids! Packed with fresh and raw vegetables it’s a fantastic way to get yourself and your kids to eat a rainbow of veggies!
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 5 minutes, Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 -6 persons
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 cup peanuts / cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 mango
- 90g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Boil some water for your rice noodles. When the water is boiled, place the rice noodles in the boiled water and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, start with the salad, spiralize or grate the carrots and cucumber. Chop the onion, cabbage, red pepper and mango in small cubes.
3. When everything is spiralized, chopped and grated, place it in a large salad bowl.
4. Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
5. When the rice noodles are soft, drain the water and add the noodles to the salad. Mix all veggies with the rice noodles and add the dressing. Mix until all veggies are covered with the dressing
6. Add some nuts on top and serve with a piece of lime.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Love this recipe? Share your love with me by commenting below or sending me a message!
Love, Nienke (Healthyfoodiefood)