Want to fancy up your rainbow rice noodle salad? This healthy version of chicken satay will just do the trick! I mean, who doesn't love chicken satay? The creamy sauce with a nutty taste, it's just awesome tasty! You can make a whole batch ahead and freeze it in a tupperware for when you don't have that much time to cook. This recipe is also kid friendly, they will love the mild and creamy taste of this sauce! Sprinkle a little bit of the peanut sauce over your rainbow rice salad and it will have some extra bite to your salad (I love to combine sauces!).
Where most traditional peanut sauce recipes use sugar, coconut milk and peanut butter, this recipe skips the coconut milk and uses homemade almond butter as a replacement of the peanut butter which gives the satay sauce an absolutely delicious taste. This way, it will be easier to incorporate the sauce in your diet!
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 10 minutes, Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 450g skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp almond butter (can be replaced by peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 7 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- OPTIONAL: wooden skewers
1. Dice chicken into cubes and season with, 3 tbsp of lime juice, curry powder, 2 tbsp soy sauce. Let this rest for about an hour in the fridge.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the satay sauce, whisk together the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, grated ginger, garlic and sriracha, mix well until combined and set aside.
3. Take the chicken from the fridge, remove the marinade and heat a pan with some coconut oil over medium heat. Add in the chicken and saute until cooked through.
4. Mix the chicken with the satay sauce and it's ready to serve.
- Can be served as chicken skewers, put the raw marinated chicken onto wooden skewers and grill them
- The almond butter can be replaced by peanut butter
- Not a fan of a spicy twist? Leave out the sriracha
- Serve with the rainbow rice salad for a super tasty meal!
Hope you healthy foodies enjoy it! I certainly did! Have any questions or remarks about this recipe or just want to leave a message? Please comment below or send me an email!
Love, Nienke (Healthyfoodiefood)