As the gluten free recipe challenge of Albert Heijn has started, I would like to kick off this challenge with a gluten free, tasty and freshly made chipotle pasta sauce! Which tasted absolutely delicious! Not a big fan of spicyness? No worries just leave the chipotle out and you have a great home made tomato sauce.
Personally, I am not a super fan of really spicy dishes. But once I moved to Mexico I had to get used to at least a little bit of spicyness as the people here can eat spicy as hell! I remember the first time I went for 'street tacos' I putted some of the sauce on my taco and taught by myself, this can never be that spicy. But I can tell you that yes it was. Let's just say that I was literally on fire.
This is some true wisdom my fellow foodies. Multiple times have I asked 'is this spicy'? No not really was the answer but I can tell you what's not spicy for them is for us Dutchies more than we can handle! Good thing about all this spicyness is that I am learning to handle my chilis and soon I hope to be a pro!
Enough about spicyness as this pasta is not super spicy but so damn tasty and made from a 100% natural ingredients plus it is gluten free! Which makes this pasta and its sauce awesome. The perfect dinner or lunch to prep in the weekend and serve on those busy working days during the week. That is what I did at least. Store in an air tight container in the fridge or even in the freezer and your healthy dinner is ready to be served on your busy working days. Just steam some zucchini noodles or (gluten free) pasta and you are all set!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 can of (organic) peeled tomatoes
- 4 carrots (peeled)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Small can of chipotle peppers (about 6 peppers)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 package of Albert Heijn's gluten free spaghetti
1. Put water to boil for the spaghetti and chop all veggies
2. Heat some avocado or olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Sautee the onion first on low fire for about a minute than add in the garlic. Sautee this for another 2 minutes before adding the rest of the chopped veggies and peeled tomatoes.
3. When the water for the pasta is boiling, place the pasta in the pan and let this boil for about 8-9 minutes.
4. Let the veggies and peeled tomatoes come to a boil and than add in the chipotle peppers plus herbs and pepper/salt to taste.
5. Now, place everything in a blender and blend until everything is smooth. Meanwhile, in the same pan heat some more avocado/olive oil season the chicken mince with pepper/salt/Italian herbs and bake until its done. Than add the chipotle sauce back in, let this come to a boil and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Drain your pasta and serve it with a good amount of the chipotle pasta sauce. Add a little bit of parmezan for some extra bite.
- When the sauce is blended, it is completely smooth. Sometimes when I don't use meat I like to add in toasted chickpeas that are seasoned with some cayenne and paprika powder, gives it a great bite!
- Add in some extra veggies with the chicken mince for that extra bite and even more veggies!
Do you like to cook or eat spicy? If yes, what is your favorite dish or spicy sauce/pepper? Let me know by commenting below!
Love, Nienke (Healthyfoodiefood)